The Waterworks Board of the Town of Bayou La Batre was incorporated in April of 1958 and was operated as such until 1986 when the name was changed to “The Utilities Board of The City of Bayou La Batre”. Since 1986, the board has experienced tremendous growth which required over forty million dollars in new construction cost to serve our 3000 water and 1900 sewer customers within the service area. The board of directors, managers and employees are dedicated to provide our industrial, commercial and residential customers the highest quality of water and sewer services.
The Utilities Board provides water and sewer services to the City of Bayou La Batre and to surrounding communities. Contact us to learn if we provide these services in your area.
- Chairman: Sylvia Raley
- Secretary: Virginia Bryant
- Jeffrey Ladnier
- Roger Milne
- Kimberlyn Barbour
- Completed the new 1250 GPM Well on Shine Road — 1.25 Million
- Rehabbed Fields Road Well — 0.2 Million
Projects In Design
- Filtration system for Shine Road Well — 1.25 Million
- Water Distribution System Upgrades to provide better flow and fire protection — 5.3 Million
- Extension of wastewater outfall line four to five miles into the Mississippi Sound — 15.0 Million
- Rehab existing sewer system to eliminate inflow infiltration and complete upgrade of all pump stations — 12.8 Million